We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team environment in order to deliver the best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products.
- Develop the vision for products that support our software strategy and communicate this to the software team and stakeholders.
- Gather feature/product requirements from stakeholder input and define and prioritize these for the development team.
- Coordinate with local partners, governments, and users to ensure products effectively satisfy their needs throughout development.
- Ensure that what is being built represents great product design practices, is relevant, effective, and focused.
- Throughout the product life cycle, spend a significant amount of time on site for collecting the first requests, getting feedback, and rolling out the product.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation, and oral presentation skills.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees
- Application of concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set an expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Degree in computer science/software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience building software with web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and self-initiative.
- Experience working in product design and development, user-centered design.
- Experience in one of informatics, information design, public health, mobile applications. Strong analytical and technical skills – software development experience a massive plus.
- Experience working in developing, rural or low-literacy contexts.
- Language/ Communication Skills English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification or Professional Scrum Product Owner Certification is an added plus
Lastly, take two of the online personality tests in this link and provide your results url to each of the tests in the final section before your resume.
|Job Category||Full Time|