We are looking for a Java Software Engineer to manage the software development life cycle, from planning and prioritizing to testing and release to come to join our agile team of professionals. Passionate about technology, constantly seeking to learn and improve skills.
- Previous working experience in Java development for at least 5 years
- A love for developing software and solving difficult problems with simple solutions
- Experience in developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Experience in Spring, Struts, or equivalent J2EE framework software
- Working knowledge and experience with JQuery, Ajax, JSON, CSS, HTML
- Excellent skills in DB Schema design and SQL development
- Excellent knowledge of SQL and hands-on experience with ORM frameworks such as Hibernate
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience using of spring, Stanford NLP, and tesseract
- Java Web services implementation
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS or similar relevant field
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifying and analyzing user requirements
- Write well-designed, efficient code
- Design database architecture
- Schedule product releases with internal teams
- Document development phases
- Ensure our applications are secure and up-to-date
- Continuously contribute to team performance improvement and collaboration also review, test and debug team members’ code
- Collaborate effectively across teams
- Prioritizing, assigning and executing tasks throughout the software development life cycle
- Deliver tactical and strategic improvements to large scale Java/J2EE/Mobile based product
- Formulates and defines system scope and objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Design, develop and test Java-based solutions using common standards and frameworks such as JAXB, JAX-WS, JAX-RS, JPA, JavaEE, Spring, Stanford NLP, Tesseract and Hibernate
- Maintain and update all existing J2EE applications as needed
- Translate software requirements into working and maintainable solutions within the existing application frameworks
- Implement the product's lifecycle: Design, development, quality, deployment, and maintenance
- Develop and adhere to best-practices for developing applications
|Job Category||Full Time|
We are looking for Ph.D. students interested in research studies within the scope of a product design company
- Participate in cutting edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
- Design and execute research agendas.
- Currently enrolled in a or has already finished a Ph.D. program in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Research experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning from previous internships, work, personal projects, and/or lab work.
|Job Category||Full Time, Internship|
We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team environment in order to deliver the best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products.
- Develop the vision for products that support our software strategy and communicate this to the software team and stakeholders.
- Gather feature/product requirements from stakeholder input and define and prioritize these for the development team.
- Coordinate with local partners, governments, and users to ensure products effectively satisfy their needs throughout development.
- Ensure that what is being built represents great product design practices, is relevant, effective, and focused.
- Throughout the product life cycle, spend a significant amount of time on site for collecting the first requests, getting feedback, and rolling out the product.
- Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Excellent writing ability, strong interpersonal, group facilitation, and oral presentation skills.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees
- Application of concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Take the lead of scrum teams as the Product Owner
- Providing vision and direction to the Agile development team and stakeholders throughout the project and create requirements
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
- Define product vision, road-map and growth opportunities
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics, and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Work closely with Product Management to create and maintain a product backlog according to business value or ROI
- Lead the planning product release plans and set an expectation for delivery of new functionalities
- Provide an active role in mitigating impediments impacting successful team completion of Release/Sprint Goals
- Research and analyze market, the users, and the roadmap for the product
- Follow our competitors and the industry
- Keep abreast with Agile/Scrum best practices and new trends
- Degree in computer science/software engineering.
- 5+ years of experience building software with web technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and self-initiative.
- Experience working in product design and development, user-centered design.
- Experience in one of informatics, information design, public health, mobile applications. Strong analytical and technical skills - software development experience a massive plus.
- Experience working in developing, rural or low-literacy contexts.
- Language/ Communication Skills English is the spoken and written language so English fluency is required.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner Certification or Professional Scrum Product Owner Certification is an added plus
|Job Category||Full Time|